Vertigo VSC 3
- Dual Mono, True Stereo SC & Mono summed SC functionality
- switchable to RMS or PEAK Detection
- Dual – Mono, no shared contols – Mid side capability
- Stereo and Mono SC Mode Channel A controls become master
- The Stereo signal is phase coherent under all settings
- No phase shift or L-R problems can occur due to the innovative SC design
- Signal path is of Mastering quality
- Real stereo mode! Channel A is stereo master
- There is a minimum of circuitry with a hard relay bypass
- Settings from Soft Knee (Soft=TipToe) to Hard Knee (Brick)
- The Ratio selection switch compensates to provide equal loudness, allowing immediate comparison
- Easy to recall! All parameters are detented (optional for Threshold & Makeup)
- Wide selection of time constants. You can choose between 10 Attack and Release settings
- Slow and fast Auto release Mode
- Side chain High Pass Filters with two switchable frequencies are provided onboard
- 20 segment gainreduction bargraph meter for each channel 0,25dB to 20dB
- Handsome parameter control via customized scale ranges
- Internal components are of the ultimate quality, modified where necessary
- A Toroid transformer ensures no PSU noise
- The ‘1979’ VCA is made of individual components, no Integrated Circuits
- Encased in a ceramic material for thermal stability
- Discrete VCA adds vintage character to the sound
- The harder it compresses the more it colours
- This VCA delivers Real Analogue punch
- A Cinemag transformer and a state of the art line-out driver complete the picture by providing perfectly balanced In and Outs
ONE FOR ALL!
The Vertigo VSC 3 is the legal successor of the VSC-2, which now is a modern classic and can be found in many top class studios around the world.
Vertigo Sound spent a lot of effort making a good product even better. The VSC-3 can do all the tricks the VSC-2 is known and loved for plus a bunch of new features and options.
The VSC-3 is still named QUAD DISCRETE COMPRESSOR because it`s topology stays the same.
It is so named, because it uses 4 VCAs built using only discrete components. It’s design is a nod toward the best VCA based compressors of the 70s and 80s.
The Vertigo VCA is in fact named 1979. Some of the best features of these classic Compressors have been complimented in the VSC.
This classic based topology is combined with a modern mastering grade signal path. Some unique and innovative features lie beneath the bonnet, such as the ratio which increases with level in ‘Soft’ mode.